Honda CR750 M3 Factory Racer
In the winter of 2001 M3 Racing factory in Hawley, Minnesota hand built 4 replica Honda CR750 racers. Each of the Hondas featured upgraded engine bits and suspension tweaks similar to their game changing CR750 M3 Racing "works" machine that Adam Popp rode to 6 Daytona wins and two AHRMA National Championships. All of…
All of the bikes have been sold off ($22,000USD each) including the works race version which now lives in a private collection somewhere in the UAE. The video below was shot by motor sport film company Clash Productions as a “behind the scenes” doco of a shoot done by Crank & Piston.
CR750 HONDA RACING ENGINE
- Engine built by M3 Racing (92-93 HP @ 9800 RPM)
- Nova Close Ratio gear box (newest updated version)
- Lightened/balanced/micro polished crank with oil hole mods.
- Carrillo connecting rods with Kelmet racing bearings.
- Special M3 slipper type cam chain tensioner/Tsubaki racing chain.
- Special M3 racing pistons/rings, set at zero deck height.
- Special M3 racing grind camshaft by Web Cam.
- Lightened/polished rocker arms with special M3 adjusting lock nuts.
- KPMI springs/Ti retainers and Black Diamond valves.
- Cylinder head Ported/flowed by “Berreth Heads” to M3 specs.
- Special primary drive hub with M3 modifications.
- Dyna ingnition with OEM advancer.
- Special top cover with top engine mount by M3 Racing.
- CR special 31mm carbs.
- Heavy duty racing clutch.
- Heavy duty primary chains.
- OEM oil pump modified to M3 Racing specs.
Read more like this
Everyone knows by now that fossil-fueled transportation is inherently bad for the environment. This, of course, includes our beloved motorcycles. Despite this it’s rare we hear sustainable practices and motorcycles mentioned in…Continue Reading
For Nick Xiromeritis working as an automotive designer has had its benefits. Born in Detroit Michigan Nick has been lucky enough to have had a career that has taken him around the…Continue Reading
What’s worse than being stuck indoors for days on end? Not being able to ride your motorcycle! Here’s another edition of Sunday Screening – our attempt at providing some relief from the…Continue Reading