Honda CR750 M3 Factory Racer
In the winter of 2001 M3 Racing factory in Hawley, Minnesota hand built 4 replica Honda CR750 racers. Each of the Hondas featured upgraded engine bits and suspension tweaks similar to their game changing CR750 M3 Racing "works" machine that Adam Popp rode to 6 Daytona wins and two AHRMA National Championships. All of…
All of the bikes have been sold off ($22,000USD each) including the works race version which now lives in a private collection somewhere in the UAE. The video below was shot by motor sport film company Clash Productions as a “behind the scenes” doco of a shoot done by Crank & Piston.
CR750 HONDA RACING ENGINE
- Engine built by M3 Racing (92-93 HP @ 9800 RPM)
- Nova Close Ratio gear box (newest updated version)
- Lightened/balanced/micro polished crank with oil hole mods.
- Carrillo connecting rods with Kelmet racing bearings.
- Special M3 slipper type cam chain tensioner/Tsubaki racing chain.
- Special M3 racing pistons/rings, set at zero deck height.
- Special M3 racing grind camshaft by Web Cam.
- Lightened/polished rocker arms with special M3 adjusting lock nuts.
- KPMI springs/Ti retainers and Black Diamond valves.
- Cylinder head Ported/flowed by “Berreth Heads” to M3 specs.
- Special primary drive hub with M3 modifications.
- Dyna ingnition with OEM advancer.
- Special top cover with top engine mount by M3 Racing.
- CR special 31mm carbs.
- Heavy duty racing clutch.
- Heavy duty primary chains.
- OEM oil pump modified to M3 Racing specs.
Read more like this
In recent years we’ve seen a spate of new motorcycles inspired by classic bikes. Models like the Kawasaki Z900RS and the Triumph Thruxton R were released with convincing backstories explaining why they…Continue Reading
Michele and his brother Marco launched their workshop, Fabbris Moto, in 2007. The pair share a passion for both race bikes and classic motorcycles. This, of course, means the brothers have a…Continue Reading