Cafe Overkill – Honda CB550 Cafe Racer
1978 Honda CB550 Cafe Racer customized by Jeff Stephens of Godffery's Garage. More images, video and specs after the jump... Battery – Odyssey Deep Cycle Marine Drycell. Billet aluminum exhaust clamps, tappet covers, oil cap & triple clamp nut. Brake plate [Rear] – Vented & lightened. Brake adjusters – Removed from fork…
- Battery – Odyssey Deep Cycle Marine Drycell.
- Billet aluminum exhaust clamps, tappet covers, oil cap & triple clamp nut.
- Brake plate [Rear] – Vented & lightened.
- Brake adjusters – Removed from fork lowers, allowing for free floating.
- Cam & Valve springs – WebCam.
- Carburetors – Keihin CR26.
- Clip-on handlebars – Telefix.
- Clutch actuator – converted to accept Yoyodyne hydraulic slave.
- Clutch cover – Oil sight glass added.
- Cylinder head – Ported.
- Dual disc conversion – Modified stock Drilled & thinned.
- Electronic Ignition & Coils by DYNA.
- Electrics – Relocated under seat.
- Exhaust – (Special requested 6” shorter & with heal guards) 4 into 2 stainless steel, by Benji’s.
- Fenders [Front & rear] – Modified Ducati.
- Fender brace [Front] – hand fabricated aluminum.
- Fork tubes – 50.4mm over from Forking by Frank’s.
- Fork brace – Tarozzi (modified for fender brace).
- Fuel tank & Bump seat – Aluminum, by Benji’s.
- Gauge face – Replaced with custom & turned 45°.
- Headlight ears – Cast aluminum, from Mike’s XS.
- Headlight & bucket – Modified Ducati.
- Hydraulic lines [Clutch & Brakes] – Red braded stainless steel from Slingshot Cycles.
- Idiot lights – Built into gauge face with LED’s.
- Ignition [Coils, Timing & Leads] Dynatek.
- Intake manifolds – Ported and modified to except Carb balancing tubes.
- Master cylinders [Brake & Clutch] – radial Nissin.
- Oil pressure gauge – Added directly into oil pump.
- Oil temperature gauge – Added to billet filler cap nut.
- Oil filter adapter – Randakks.
- Polished Alloy – By Mike’s polishing.
- Rearsets – Tarozzi from Fast from the Past.
- Rearset support brackets – Hand fabricated aircraft aluminum.
- Sprocket cover – Vented, lightened and modified to accept oil pressure gauge.
- Steering dampener – Multi setting Daytona.
- Suspension [Front] – Internal springs replaced with modified 69 CB450 external springs.
- Suspension [Rear] – Dual inboard using modified stock swingarm. Fabricated by FrameCrafters.
- Tail light – Austin Healey / Triumph TR3.
- Tires – Dunlop K81.
- Timing cover – Clear acrylic, engraved by Frankenstuff.
- Triple tree [Top] – Removed handlebar clamps & gauge mounts from stock.
- Wheels – 18” Akront aluminum shouldered rims and stainless steel spokes from Buchanan’s.
Read more like this
Honda’s evergreen Hornet has been sold in the tens of thousands since its release in ’98. As a result, there are plenty of them available on the secondhand market at very affordable…Continue Reading
Our friends over at Cognito Moto have been toiling away on their latest custom BMW R75 project. The project was completed in a super fast 6 week turn around in order to…Continue Reading