When a group of people band together for the benefit of a charity amazing things happen and this Thruxton Cafe Racer is no exception. Roland Sands Designs in conjunction with Triumph and a handful of generous builders have just completed their second custom motorcycle to be auctioned off to raise funds for the Tony Hawk foundation.
As this Cafe Racer was set to be auctioned off keeping it functional and legal was a priority. A selection of the best Triumph performance parts along with RSD Triumph components and some bolt on upgrades replaced many of the bikes standard components without breaking either of those rules.
The Thruxton's Cafe Racer styling was already on brief so rather than a full redesign a new paint scheme and tail section were applied to complete the look. The bikes tank, headlight bucket, air box covers and rims have been custom painted in two tone red with hand laid pinstripes and the latest Tony Hawk emblems.
The result is a great looking modern Cafe Racer that not only looks and perform great but will also help do great things for the kids supported by the Tony Hawk foundation. I'm already looking forward to seeing what they have in store for next years auction.
Kudos to all of the generous companies that contributed these parts and services for their generosity:
- Wheels powder coated in a vintage red by Olympic Powder Coating
- Wheels re-laced and trued by Dubya USA
- Wheels hand pinstriped by Tom Clark
- Finned front sprocket cover and generator cover from Speed Merchant
- Front fork spring kit and 970 series reservoir shocks were supplied by Progressive Suspension
- Chris Wood of Airtrix took care of the two-tone red paint job
- One-off, low-slung, 2-into-2 Titanium exhaust system by FMF
- British Customs airbox removal kit with K&N filters and adjustable Pazzo levers, Norman Hyde steering damper, Joker Machine carb caps and clutch cable bracket.
- Seat reshaped and wrapped in leather by Mauricio Aguilar of Azteca Customs
- RSD grips, pegs, gas cap, tag bracket, custom rear grab bar and the overall design.
- and of course Triumph for donating a Thruxton towards the worthy cause.
Get your Cafe Racer clothing and accessories at 100MPH.com.au