Feast your eyes on Jay LaRossa's 1978 Yamaha SR500 "Solus" in this short video by Ricki Bedenbaugh. This video reminds me of the Ducati freeway scene in the TRON Legacy movie...but without any of the stupid bits (like riding off the side of the freeway). Lovely panning shots, realistic riding and crisp, juicy engine noise make this a visual feast for any motorcycle fanatic. Very nice work indeed.
I loved this bike when it was on Cafe Racer TV (season 1). Keep an eye on the Lossa Engineering website for more of Jay's outstanding Cafe Racer builds. Check out the specs of this bike below.
In Jay's own words: "By far the best bike I have turned out!"
- Frame de tabbed and hooped
- Battery relocated
- GSXR front end
- Adapted brembo brakes front and rear
- Brembo front rotor
- RD400 wheels
- Custom made sprocket carrier
- GSXR rearsets
- Cal Fab aluminum swing arm
- Custom made rear brake stay
- Bobbed Honda front fender with handmade fork brace
- Gauge bucket molded into headlight bucket with re orientated Lossa brand tach face
- Tommaselli headlight ears
- Binelli gas tank with custom gas cap
- Handmade steel tail section with frenched in Lossa tail light
- Wired from scratch
- Big bore kit
- White Bros. Cam
- Heavy duty valve springs
- Ported head
- 36mm Mikuni flatslide carb
- Custom intake manifold
- K&N filter Custom exhaust with Lossa cone muffler
- Welded sprocket cover
- All aluminum was polished first, then hand brushed and cleared over
- Works shocks.
Looking for Cafe Racer gear? Visit the...